Monday, June 13, 2011

Really beautiful photo of Helen Frankenthaler circa 1956 found via A Catalogue Life

I love this image of Helen Frankenthaler smack dab in the middle of her work i.e. her life.
I've been drawn to Frankenthaler's work for many years now. In person her paintings are delicate and powerful at the same time. Like Rothko and Twombly, Frankenthaler's work entices you to slow down, stay a while, and engage with what is being presented. Check out one of my fav new blogs "A Catalogue Life" for more images of Helen Frankenthaler.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - I'm glad you liked that pic as much as me! It's lovely to find your blog too. I really like your summation of Frankenthaler's work asking you to slow down! I hadn't thought about it like that before but I really agree with the sentiment. I'm off to have a look at Twombly who I haven't heard of before so thanks for a new recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the kind comment Sarah. I LOVE your blog, you have a GREAT eye!

    ReplyDelete