Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mr. Minimal(ist)

image found on Unhappy Hipsters blog


It's no secret that I love STUFF!!! but I do work at keeping my little problem in check.
I can appreciate the visual appeal of a minimal, mid-century aesthetic but I couldn't really live in it. More than that, personally I find that there is something museum like, cold, and even a little contrived about the modernist style. Still, there is so much beauty in that period of design, and I know for many it's quite a viable, comfortable lifestyle choice. "It's lonely in the modern world" caught my eye as it promises to be a useful and fun learning guide to living with less. I know I can learn from this minimal design approach to living and maybe this book will put me on that path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment