Saturday, December 10, 2011

Converging on Wheat.

A few weeks ago I posted my gilt love/obsession with vintage Italian wheat sheaf tables. Around that time I learned that the wheat sheaf was a personal emblem for Coco Chanel (as seen in her 31 Rue Cambon apartment. (seen below)

Image found via I am a Domestic Goddess, a GREAT blog post!

Then the other day I read this truly AWESOME post on Habitually Chic about YSL and noticed that he too had a similar table in his Rue de Babylone duplex on the Left Bank (seen below)


Image first seen via the terrific blog Habitually Chic

So I started researching more about the table but didn't have to look too far before I found this great post on  I Am A Domestic Goddess which gives a lot of good information. 

So now what??? Coco Chanel and Mr. Laurent had wheat on the brain.
This is one carb I just gotta have!




No comments:

Post a Comment