Monday, February 6, 2012

Ice Ice Baby.

Although it's been a mild winter here in Toronto (and I ain't complaining) I've got ice on my mind. Off-late I've been obsessed with mid-century nordic glass, particularly those made by Iittala and Kosta Boda. It's truly inspiring to discover master designers like Tapio Wirkkala, Oiva Toikka, Erik Hoglund, and Bertil Vallien. They are extremely prolific designers truly interested in pushing the boundaries of their craft.


Bad-ass looking Tapio Wirkkala image via here

Tapio Wirkkala "Thule" pitcher for Iittala

 Tapio Wirkkala "Arabia" candle holders for Iittala
©photo by J.Dias

Awesome "Fauna" bowl by Oiva Toikka for Iittala via here

My three Kosta Boda "Zoo" animals. Possibly designed by Erik Hoglund, Paul Hoff or Bertil Vallien
©photo by J.Dias


Upside down view of my awesome iceburg Nybro ashtray designed by Paul Isling
©photo by J.Dias




No comments:

Post a Comment