Friday, April 6, 2012

For the Record.

Ahhh the New Wavers! Fade to Grey, Lies Lies Lies & the classic Duran's Girls On Film!
photo by ©J. Dias

Remember when you heard Little Red Corvette or Into the Groove for the first time???? 
Did you ever get into a Buffalo Stance??? 
photo by ©J. Dias

The Smiths, The Cure and New Order, YES!!!!
photo by ©J. Dias

The other day I was having a conversation with a friend about online music sources and how it's getting redonkulously easy to get any song you want at the click of an app. I welcome access but like many who grew up collecting and listening to records I get a little nostalgic for the good old days.
While visiting my parents today I spent sometime in their basement rummaging through my old records. I started collecting at a very early age. I guess even back then my musical taste was always pretty diverse, everything from Pop and R&B to New Wave and Indie. The genres have changed a little since then but I still listen to a bunch of different styles. Back then it was The Cure, today it's Bon Iver - good is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment